310 ml (1 ¼ cups) Grainworks Unbleached white Flour
310 ml (1 ¼ cups) Grainworks Regular Rolled Oats
310 ml (1 ¼ cups) Grainworks desiccated Coconut
185 ml ( ¾ cups) Grainworks Cane Sugar
20 ml (4 tsp) Maple Syrup
125 ml ( ½ cup) Butter
5 ml (1 tsp) Bicarbonate of Soda (baking soda)
45–60 ml Boiling Water
60ml (2tbls) Grainworks Brown Flax Seeds
1) Combine the dry ingredients.
2) Melt the Maple Syrup and butter together. Combine the bicarbonate of soda with the water and add to the butter mixture.
3) Mix together with the dry ingredients.
4) Press the mixture into a Swiss Roll Sheet (or for a thicker crunchie, bake in a square 20 cm x 20 cm baking sheet) and bake for 20 minutes at 150°C. Gently press down the sides if they seem to rise too much.
5) When light brown, remove from the oven and cut into squares. Switch off the oven. Return the crunchies to the oven for about 10 minutes to dry out.
6) Allow to cool before removing from the tin.