- How to get it done
First Things first; whenever cooking with beans, you’ll want to soak them in cold water overnight to soften the beans, making them easier to cook.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add ground lamb, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring and breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until the meat is no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add smoked belly, chorizo sausage, carrots and leeks. Continue to cook over medium-high heat occasionally stirring, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add chili powder, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, and salt and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes and beans.
- Add enough stock to cover ingredients. Turn heat to low, stir occasionally. Add more stock if needed. Cook until the liquid is reduced and thickened and the beans are tender. Approximately 1 hour
- Time to add a garnish if you so desire; we like to top it with a couple of slices of Lambtastic Lamb Bacon and then cover everything with a grated pecorino. You can, of course, use whatever you like to cover your Famous Lambtastic-Grainworks Lamblicious Chili Con Carne.